My introduction with Priyank is a recent one. In an online conversation, the part of him which I got to know inspired me to work consistently and be a man of action like him.
Priyank Aryan is an author, a start up lover, a story teller and a motivational speaker. He is a gold medal winner in creative writing at the National level. He was named as the Best Debut Author of 2014 by Aagman Literary Organization, a Delhi based literary and cultural house for his debut novel “I am dead but my heart beats.” Currently, his new book titled “God & His Girlfriend” was released in Mumbai.
One thing that amazed me and would amaze you as well is that he never wanted to be an author. Instead it was by chance, by destiny and was his attempt to fulfill someone’s dream. When I asked him to elaborate on this he explained me by a message on my page-“It was Dream of my first love and late girlfriend , this incident is of 2011 , her dream was to see a book talking about issues faced by youngsters in love due to different backgrounds, communities.” Reading this I simply sensed how love succumbs you to lose everything of you for something that nothing can value and a respect naturally emerged out of my heart when I came to know the story behind his very beautifully penned story.
Priyank completed his Engineering from BIT Sindri, Dhanbad in 2015. He has delivered story telling sessions and motivational talks across many organizations in a short span of one and half year. Born in Amethi (Uttar Pradesh) on 29th October, in a Maithil Brahmin family and brought up in Ghatsila (a small town near Steel city Jamshedpur in Jharkhand), Priyank’s dream is to bring changes in the country and make it a better place to live in. Below is my online interview which was very aptly answered by him and I feel special to have received this opportunity.
1.What according to you are the qualities of a good Author?
Ability to write in a way so that it directly connects with the reader, a reader shouldn’t imagine for what an author writes, the story should automatically become a live visual for the reader. I believe this is most important quality of any good author, capability of creating a live image from words.
2.What is the most fulfilling thing for you as an author?
Whenever readers tell me that my books gave them reasons and ways to fight for their love & passion, whenever they share that my books increased their faith on love & passion, I am truly satisfied and all such moments are the actual fulfilling ones for me as an author.
3.Please mention any literary work which is very close to your heart and why?
Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat because that book truly portrays real Indian youth, their dreams, their family condition, their passion, their love, the struggles, the heartbreaks and everything which we are seeing in real life scenario.
4.Please tell something about your recent book. Where did you get the idea of it? The title in itself is very much gripping.
My new book titled “GOD & HIS GIRLFRIEND” is a patriotic thriller cum romance fiction. It talks about why a religion being dragged with terrorism is absolutely wrong, it’s about how an individual in real life can fall so deep in love with their passion, that amidst all adverse conditions, they make it big. The book is on love, passion and patriotism.
As you can figure out that the issues covered by the story are inspired from real life events, so the idea for the book came from those real life observations, analysis and happenings which always pushed me to show the reality behind the news.
5. Your qualifications reflect a technical background has it affected your writing?
No, because educational background actually has nothing to do with your ability to write , writing is a separate flair which doesn’t require any formal education, it comes in naturally to someone.
6.Any plans for future or anything you would like to reveal for your future work?
My future books would also be based on real life issues, incidents or events, may be next few books will highlight the inspiring journey of some real life individuals which will cover their birth, profession, love story, passion, struggle, and all these will be portrayed in the form of a fiction write up, similar to my first two books.
7.Please share a memorable incident from your life which would be remembered by you forever.
I can’t ever forget that first kiss which I had with my girlfriend, the love of my life, it will always be memorable because I had to literally explain her how to kiss perfectly and yeah, later she learnt it pretty well. But that moment when we kissed and we were in the zone of romance even at that time, theory and practical of making love was what we were talking of, both of these were running live for us. It was so funny that I will always remember it, it’s actually very much worth and precious for me.
8.What according to you should a person always remember if he/she wants to excel in life?
Keep striving always for what you want to do, there will be numerous obstructions but never stop. Keep on finding solutions for all the problems you face and just march ahead. ‘Live your Love with Passion’, follow this saying and that’s what will make you excel in life.
9.Now comes my favorite part. I would be mentioning a single word. You need to share your views on it in one sentence.
- God : One who created us, gave us life & made this entire universe, god is an unseen power and definitely this real god is not the one which we see in temples.
- Friendship : Tough to find its true form in modern day life and the ones who are blessed with real friends will genuinely value this precious relationship.
- Truth : The only way which will make you fearless, most important aspect in every phase of life.
- Death : A state which all of us will be attaining one day, but what matters is how we have lived our life & what have we done in our life before death embraces us, so from the word death I feel ‘do everything in life and occupy some special space in the hearts of people before death comes in’.
- Life : Live this wonderful LIFE with complete passion and do every possible good deeds, live it to the fullest, experience every bit and achieve a position by making it worth remembering for everyone once your life seizes.
- Love : The divine way to feel God, love for your work, love for your family, love for your life partner, love for your country, society, all these are the common channels which can take us to the divine. So, LOVE for me is honesty and the way to reach that unseen God.
- Memories : Precious collection to recall every single moment which we have seen in our entire life, memories are priceless and helps us to relive our wonderful years.
Hope you liked this insightful interview. To read more of my work follow my fb page here. Stay connected- Nicko Shoid.